Thursday, March 10, 2011

Elinor's take on the 2011 Fashion shows and forecasts

Here is the first formal installment of Elinor's thoughts about the world of fashion forward.
It is March 2011, and I have been researching the European and Asian fashion spreads to view the various forecasts for summer and fall.

I am quite disappointed to have to report that the US media has edited out most of the supra colorful palettes and mulit- patterned offerings.

What mundane edit jobs for us women to view.
Design houses have differing merchandize in their showrooms. Stores and boutiques purposefully order and stock unique pieces, rightly so, which reflect the climate and range of their customer preferences.

So how can I shop and find the supra colorful patterned looks I come across? And how would I know that Fall will be filled with all types of neons and crystals and zippers?!

Perhaps this is why so often, European trends take one to two years to cross over the pond.

That is unless we buy or subscribe to all of the various fashion magazines and runway forecast magazines for each season. Or perhaps we need to travel all over the world and watch the trends of fashion by noticing people dressed downtown on the street and at the parties and videos of performers.

Such narrow reporting and trend aesthetics led me to transfer my interest into vintage at an early stage of life.

So dear reader, I look forward to blogging to you in the future.










No comments:

Post a Comment